A firm’s marketing is the major task that helps the company to grow and reach new heights. Because the growth of any firm has no limits, marketing is very important as it will help maximize profits which is the sole purpose of any business. Additionally, there is a lot of competition for clients within this industry which creates a need for differentiation. In this article I have listed out a few important tips that can be used by CPA firms to separate themselves from other firms and aid their bottom line.
1) Make a plan
A good marketing plan includes research about the firm, the clients, and the market. A plan is an outline of the tasks which you need to perform and incorporates ways to target your audience. Planning is the first step in carrying out any activity of the firm.
Here are a few things to consider before making a plan.
- List out important clients – Marketing is done for the clients – for future and existing. Knowing the clients who already exist in the firm is a part of the plan. The existing clients that are big in size and market-niche, and have a brand name in the market, are important for your firm’s marketing plan as you can use them for referrals for future clients.
- SWOT analysis – SWOT stands for Strength, Weakness, Opportunities and Threats. List out all the SWOT sections that are internal. The weaknesses can be turned into the strengths as they are internal and can be controlled. However, the opportunities and threats which are external cannot be controlled but they become important as they might affect the firm’s atmosphere.
- Target – List out the audience that you want to market, starting with the local ones.
- Which services you want to market – List out all the services that your firm provides. List out all the services that are the strengths of your firm. Consider all the services that are most profitable and which are the easiest to sell.
- Realistic goals – Define your goals. What are you aiming to achieve and how long should it take you to reach your goals? How will you measure your progress? Consider these questions and put them into your plan.
2) Develop your website
If your firm has its own website, is it updated? When was the last time you took time to refresh it? Does your website look interesting and attractive? Does it have all the information that is supposed to be there? Does your website have enough details and your updated contact details, if any?
3) Use Social Media, it’s free
We know that social media platforms like LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook are free so we should make effective use of it. Social Media is a great platform to build networks. You can even stay updated about the market by the use of such platforms.
When you come in contact with a person who is important, connect with them on LinkedIn. Network building is a game changer. Building relationships with people will prove to be a very effective thing to do in marketing.
4) Start a regular blog and maintain it
Writing for a blogs, or starting your own, is an opportunity for the firm to be gain a following. By writing blogs, you will have the content to post on your social media profiles which helps to build a reputation in the minds of the readers. The content should be anything related to the industry or any type of current even that might affect your client base. There are many online magazines too which can publish your articles on their page.
5) Get to the top of search results
It is obvious that you would like to see a link to your firm’s website be first on the list when anyone searches the services or something related to your firm. You can do this by Search Engine Optimization (SEO). SEO is a process in which the number of visitors on a particular website is maximized. It can be a great challenge to keep up with the SEO standards.
6) Maximize email marketing
There are many firms who connect with the clients via email. However, many firms do not make effective use of the service. Email marketing means sending emails to your clients with eye-catching content that focuses on business strategy and financial tips. It is important that you communicate consistently. You can even send links to your clients via email mailing lists – maybe send them links of articles to your blog. This even helps in achieving views on your website.
7) Social Responsibility
Giving back to the community is something that a firm should do not matter what. There are many ways to give back, including donating money, or more importantly donating your time through volunteering. Spending time in the community will give you a creat opportunity to talk to others and discuss what you do at your firm. Some ways that you can give back are:
- Donating time and/or money to local charities
- Helping the elderly
- Cleaning garbage up off your city’s streets
Never Stop Marketing
Marketing is a never-ending process. Even the most successful firms never stop marketing. It is important to promote your firm continuously because there is great competition in the market and you want your firm to get the clients first.
Pingback: 6 Ways to Improve Your Online Business -